Skincare Edit | Garnier Oil - Infused Cleansing Water


I could not be more in love with Micellar Waters. They’re so fuss free and easy to remove make-up; they’ve become such a crucial step to my bedtime skincare routine.

Over the last few months, I’ve tried many different Micellar Waters, my favourite being the Garnier one for combination skin, as it doesn’t dry out my skin and leaves it feeling thoroughly cleansed. However, the other version for sensitive skin (the one in the pink bottle) irritated my eyes and made them really red and sore. Thankfully, Garnier have introduced a newest member to the Micellar Water family, this time for dry skin so I had to try it.

The Garnier Oil-Infused Micellar Water is specifically designed for dry and sensitive skin, which sounds like something made for me and my dry skin woes! The Micellar Water is separated from the oil product which sits beautifully on top; all you need to do is shake it up to use.  

Initially, I was put off by its extremely oily feel; I expected it to be watered down slightly due to the mass amount of water. The scent is beautiful and not too overwhelming, which is important for a face product. Most importantly, the oil-enriched formula cut through make-up so easily, better than the other Micellar Waters from Garnier. Eyeliner and mascara came off like a dream! However, at the end of application my skin was left feeling overly oily which I didn’t like. My face felt very greasy to touch and the product just sat on my skin rather than nourishing it, which I found disappointing.

After a few days of use my skin seemed to break out a little, small blemishes around my nose and mouth. I think this could be due to using this product as I haven’t added anything new into my skincare routine. Although, that being said, this could be a good thing? The Micellar Water is cleaning the dirt and bacteria out of my pores, which has resulted in a little breakout. I’m hoping this will clear up after some use.

Overall, I did enjoy using this product but I’m having a few teething issues at the moment so I’m hoping to work my through these! I absolutely loved the way it cut through make-up, this makes bedtime come around a lot quicker too! The price of this product is £5.99, so only £1 more expensive than the other Micellar Waters in the range and for its cleaning power, it's definitely worth the extra £1. 

Out of 10, I would probably give this product five. Shop it here

I’d love to hear what you thought about this product.


Nx

No comments