Skincare Edit: L'Oreal Pure Clay Detox Mask Review


Getting a clay facial is probably a highlight of any spa trip but now we can get well and truly pampered in the comfort of our own homes, in our PJs and catching up on your favourite series on Netflix. All thanks to the beauty giants, L’Oreal, who just launched three new clay masks to give us that spa experience without the expensive price tag.


Each mask is targeted for a specific skin type:

  •  For oily skin: The Purify Clay Mask with Eucalyptus which helps to mattify oily skin
  •  For dull skin: The Glow Clay Mask with Red Algae to exfoliate and illuminate skin
  • For normal skin: The Detox Clay Mask with Charcoal to draw out impurities

I decided to buy the Detox Mask for normal skin as I was in need of a thorough cleanse and this works to suck out all the dirt and oil from your pores. It’s creamy and rich in texture and easy to apply. I applied a light layer to the face avoiding the eyes and mouth and left it on for 10 minutes.

Afterward, my skin did feel noticeably cleaner and my pores smaller however my skin did feel tight and quite dry. I would say this is a down side, although this could be due to leaving the mask on for slightly longer than the allotted time (12 mins instead of 10).


Overall, this product was fun and easy to use and no doubt my skin reaped the benefits of a good detox mask. I have definitely incorporated this into my Sunday night-time routine, even though I’ll be scrubbing the clay out of my hair line until Tuesday!

What’s your favourite clay mask?



Nx

No comments